A Call to Prayer
I have a list of prayer requests I want to share with you for the weekly thought this week.
- Please pray for Ruth Toth and Ted Smith who will both be leaving us shortly. Ted starts bootcamp on the 18th and Ruth will be moving to Pennsylvania around the end of September. God’s Providence brings people into churches and also takes them away. We want to continue to pray for our sister and our brother in Christ as they begin new chapters in their lives.
- Pray for our missionaries from Brazil who will be joining us on September 23rd. Rick and Kim Parker will be giving a presentation of their work after our morning service. We will be taking up an offering for them after their presentation.
- Pray for Teresa Smith as she considers the opportunity to serve as a missionary associate in Quebec, Canada. We will be heading up there September 26-October 2 to look into things. Pray for wisdom for Teresa and for us as her family as she considers this possibility.
- Pray for our new prayer meeting beginning at the manse on October 3rd. We will gather and pray on Wednesday nights beginning at 7PM. If you are unable to join us at the manse please pray with us on Wednesdays in your own home. I will also send out reminders of some of the main areas we want to focus on when the date gets a little bit closer.
- Pray for our new Sunday School beginning October 7th at 1PM after the morning service. This will be delayed one week because I will be in Canada on the 30th. We will be studying the book of Matthew. If you would like to prepare for the study, read through the book of Matthew over the next few weeks.
- Pray for our visitors. We have been praying for new members for FBC and God has been sending us several visitors. Pray that they would continue to attend to hear God’s Word and that some of them may decide to become members of FBC.
- Finally, please continue to pray for the ministry of FBC and the preaching of the Word each Sunday. God uses His Word proclaimed to build us up in our faith and to draw people to himself. Pray that God would use the Word, morning and evening, on the Lord’s Day for His glory. Pray for me as your Pastor as I prepare to proclaim God’s Word.
On Sunday evening Melissa, Tonna, and I were blessed to hear a message on Ephesians 6:10-20. I want to leave you with Paul’s call to pray.
Ephesians 6:18-19, “praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel,”